To edify one another
MYKC Core Values
January 1st is around the corner! Join us in our #NewYearNewIntention social media challenge to countdown until our one year anniversary. Enter to win unlimited yoga for the year, 6 months of unlimited yoga for you and a friend, 3 months of unlimited yoga, 1 month of unlimited yoga, a free workshop, a manduka mat, or a sugar, salt scrub, and mat spray gift bag! Here are the rules:
1) Every day of the month, we will have a daily post theme. We will post the daily themes for each week every FRIDAY. For every post you decide to do, you must include the hashtag for the post (Ex: #kcmocoffee for the first day) as well as #MYKC and #NewYearNewIntention. EACH POST COUNTS AS ONE ENTRY. You do not need to participate daily, but we encourage it!
2) Tag MYKC in your posts and your post will count for a DOUBLE entry.
3) If you are comfortable with checking in on Facebook, every check in during the month will count as one entry!
4) Tag your friends in the comments below to invite them to join the challenge with you! Each tag counts as one entry!
5) Share this post for one entry!
There is no limit to the number of entries you can have. Winners will be drawn on our anniversary, February 3rd! We hope you can celebrate with us.
#NewYearNewIntention #MYKC #yogachallenge
Mission Statement: To edify one another
MYKC Core Values:
- Healing Energy
- Unconditional Love
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification Program:
- 180 hours with Lead Trainer, Kerry D Steuart, E-RYT 200hr, RYT 500hr, YACEP
- Variety of yoga class formats including: yin/deep stretch, Hatha, Vinyasa, power Vinyasa, acro, aerial, prenatal, mindfulness, meditation, chair and Yoga Nidra
- Instruction on how to lead a class for Veterans, Essential Personnel, Elderly, and those suffering from anxiety, depression, trauma and/or PTSD
- Training designed to deepen your yoga practice and help you identify your strengths
All workshops are provided with tuition
- Anatomy with Lauren B – Jan 27/2-3:30pm
- Meditation with Carrah Q – Feb 3/2-3:30pm
- Acro with Rachel M – Feb 10/2-3:30pm
- Bhakti with Carrah Q – Mar 24/2-3:30pm
Henna with Heather W – Apr 7/2-3:30pm
My Best Playlist Online Course:
Join DJ Taz Rashid for a workshop on how to build a yoga music playlist. Learn how to breakdown your classes in a simple way, and easily build your favorite music into any practice whether it’s a high intensity vinyasa, or a mellow yin, restorative class or to your personalized yoga style.
DJ Taz will show you how to hone your instinctive listening and intuitive teaching skills to “mix beats” and make smooth transitions throughout your classes. Taking the time to focus on developing the role of music in your yoga classes allows you to feel more confident about how music is enhancing your teaching, while you can expand and use your music library more efficiently.
Any teacher can build her unique sound with compelling music that enhances the practice, inevitably attracting a larger student following. Highly recommended for teachers but anyone can attend.
What it includes:
– Full Online Training, 4 Modules – Over 30 videos
– Education and experiential processes with music included
– Access to entire DJ Taz Rashid music library
– Full License to use all original music in classes, public setting and any public social media
– Playlists for Spotify, iTunes and more
– Best online Resources, recommendations and tech help
Unlimited yoga for all classes, MYKC Training Manual, Journal, Manduka Yoga Mat, Manduka Block, Manduka Strap and all required books included with deposit:
Early Bird Special $1,800
Deposit of $300 due on January 1st
Payment Plan of $500 for 3 months
$500 due on February 9th
$500 due on March 9th
$500 due on April 6th
$2300 Payment Options:
Deposit of $500 due January 15th
$600 due on February 9th
$600 due on March 9th
$600 due on April 6th
Saturday 10:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm
***Limited partial scholarships will be available
All proceeds from Saturday night community class will go towards the scholarship fund.
MYKC is hosting Level 1 MRT (Mindfulness Resilience Training) Kansas City 2018
06/01/2018 06:00 PM – 06/03/2018 05:00 PM ET
Cost: Early Reg $375 (until 4/2) Standard Registration $425
Contributions to MYKC are tax deductible!! MYKC is a non-profit organization.
Your contribution provides yoga, meditation, mindfulness, teacher training, workshops and other health and wellness classes to benefit our community. Through your contribution, MYKC provides yoga to everyone and never turns anyone away. We offer yoga teacher training and workshops at affordable prices to enhance the personal growth of the community. Your contribution allows MYKC to provide a variety of classes within the space of the studio and to to other organizations such as Warriors’ Ascent, local hospitals, and other community activities.
Sponsor a student for 200 Yoga Teacher Training: Your sponsorship includes full tuition, all required reading material, a yoga mat, block and strap.
- Full Contribution of $1800 or monthly payment plans
- Partial Contribution of any amount you choose
Contribute Yoga Props: Just let us know if you want your contribution to go directly to the studio or a yogi that would benefit from personal yoga props. MYKC donates props monthly to those that have torn, worn out yoga mats or that are unable to currently afford to purchase props.
- Yoga Mat $25 – $80
- Large Bolster $34
- Small Bolster $28
- Single Yoga Block $9.00
- Strap $8
Sponsor attendance in a Workshop: Your contribution of $20 will allow one yogi to attend either free of charge or at a reduced rate depending on cost of workshop attended.
Yoga can help people that experience trauma, depression, anxiety, and offers numerous mental, spiritual and physical benefits. Your contribution today can help Veterans, children, adults and those in this community feel hope, acceptance, and love.
501 (c) (3)
HOW TO BECOME A ‘SPONSOR’ AT MYKC:
- Click on the orange ‘Get MINDBODY’ button
- If you already have the app you will be directed to MYKC
- If you don’t have the app, download the app (MYKC will be saved to your favorites)
- Click on the button with the shopping cart for ‘pricing’
- Select ‘MYKC’
- Select any item with ‘sponsor’ or ‘contribution’ in the name
- Make payment and check-out
- Once payment has been made, you will receive a receipt for the purchase
- Reply to your purchase receipt with the name of who the ‘sponsor’ or ‘contribution’ should be allocated to (i.e. Please give to John Smith)
- Contact MYKC with any issues or additional questions